“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
― Albert Camus
In counseling, I will listen and support you throughout the depths of your personal winter and will help you find the invincible summer that lies within. There are times in life when we all struggle, but working together we can turn your struggles into transition points for personal growth. I use a full array of clinical approaches to help my clients find answers to the challenges that bring them into therapy. By listening to you, I am able to customize your treatment plan. My approach is eclectic and always designed to meet my client’s individual needs. With children I employ both play therapy and a family systems approach, and I routinely run groups for teens.
My counseling provides a safe place to share your pain, and an environment conducive to understanding and resolving your toughest challenges.
I received my B.A. Degree from California State University, Northridge in Psychology, and my M.A. Degree from Azusa Pacific University in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling. I am a licensed Marriage, Family and Child Therapist and have been licensed for over 25 years. My license number is MFC21184.
Your challenge has a solution.
Together we can find answers to your questions.
Some of the issues I can help and support you through include:
- Childhood and Adolescent Issues, including . . .
- Childhood Trauma
- Self-Destructive Behaviors
- Low Self-Esteem
- Transitions from Childhood to Adolescence, and from Adolescence to College
- Anxiety, Fear and Stress re College Application Process
- Fearfulness, Nervousness, Worry, Shyness
- School Difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Lack of Friends
- Parenting Issues, including . . .
- Strengthening Parent-Child Bond
- Blended Family Issues
- Women’s Issues, including . . .
- Depression, Anxiety and other Mood Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Recovery from Sexual Assault
- Empty Nest Syndrome
- Personal Growth
- Relationship Issues
- Life Transitions
- Work and Career Issues
- Weight Loss/Eating Disorders
- Childhood Traumas
- Couple’s Issues, including . . .
- Divorce, Loss and Grief
- Anger Issues
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Recovery After an Affair
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, certified through the International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)
- Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programing (NLP) Coach
- Completed one-year certification program in the treatment of Eating Disorders, certified through the Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies (LAISPS)
- Certified in the Mitchell Model for Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
I am also experienced and trained in hypnotherapy
- California Association of Marriage Family Therapists
- Valley Federation of Eating Disorder Specialists
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
Call to schedule your initial consultation: 818-309-7780